My brain loves playing with my eyes.
I was returning home the other day. The sky was already dark. In front of our gate, there was a huge crouching tiger. I couldn't tell if it was asleep or if it was waiting to pounce on someone because of the darkness. My heart beats started racing.. faster and faster, with every ounce of air that i breathed in. This was my first first-hand experience with a big feline, which was free.
Now, I was in a huge dilemma whether to run away somewhere else, or to sneak into my own home. If I decided to run away, the tiger might follow its natural instinct to chase me. But there might be a teensy-weensy chance that I would live. It might really be asleep and if I am sneaky enough while running away to a neighbour's house, I'd be safe.
If I had decided to sneak into my house, the opening of the gate would wake the tiger up even if it was initially asleep. It would easily jump over the six-feet tall gate and gobble me up.
But I was certainly not in a mood to be a "guest" at someone else's house. I was exhausted and just wanted to fall onto my bed and bury my head in my pillow. I was considering the second option. I just wanted to be in my room. Either I would get what I wanted or I would become the tiger's meal. I started wondering about death. I actually didn't mind dying at that very instant. It was a good time for me to die and i wouldn't have regretted anything at all. It would have been a peaceful death for me.
I held my breath, rolled up my sleeves and tiptoed towards gate. I raised my hand towards the handle then turned it around as gently as I possible could. An image of a tiger standing eagerly behind me in a ready-to-pounce position, popped into my mind. I turned my head around to check upon the tiger.
Pheww.. It was all just in my head. By "all", I really mean all. It wasn't even a tiger. The "tiger" was a bunch of bushes with long leaves mimicking the tiger's stripes.
I was returning home the other day. The sky was already dark. In front of our gate, there was a huge crouching tiger. I couldn't tell if it was asleep or if it was waiting to pounce on someone because of the darkness. My heart beats started racing.. faster and faster, with every ounce of air that i breathed in. This was my first first-hand experience with a big feline, which was free.
Now, I was in a huge dilemma whether to run away somewhere else, or to sneak into my own home. If I decided to run away, the tiger might follow its natural instinct to chase me. But there might be a teensy-weensy chance that I would live. It might really be asleep and if I am sneaky enough while running away to a neighbour's house, I'd be safe.
If I had decided to sneak into my house, the opening of the gate would wake the tiger up even if it was initially asleep. It would easily jump over the six-feet tall gate and gobble me up.
But I was certainly not in a mood to be a "guest" at someone else's house. I was exhausted and just wanted to fall onto my bed and bury my head in my pillow. I was considering the second option. I just wanted to be in my room. Either I would get what I wanted or I would become the tiger's meal. I started wondering about death. I actually didn't mind dying at that very instant. It was a good time for me to die and i wouldn't have regretted anything at all. It would have been a peaceful death for me.
I held my breath, rolled up my sleeves and tiptoed towards gate. I raised my hand towards the handle then turned it around as gently as I possible could. An image of a tiger standing eagerly behind me in a ready-to-pounce position, popped into my mind. I turned my head around to check upon the tiger.
Pheww.. It was all just in my head. By "all", I really mean all. It wasn't even a tiger. The "tiger" was a bunch of bushes with long leaves mimicking the tiger's stripes.
No comments:
Post a Comment